2018-2019 APPLICATION WINDOW IS OPEN
Eary Admission Window: Sept. 1 to Oct. 15
- Individuals not selected for early admission or with incomplete applications will be re-considered with regular admission applicants.
- Regular Admission Deadline: January 15 (Late admissions may be accepted if there are stll seats available. Contact Dr. Lori Greenwood to determine availability.)
- A 4-5 member MSAT Admissions Committee will begin application review after stated deadlines.
- Applicants are contacted 2-4 weeks after the deadline about their admission status.
- Should space become available, qualified applicants not admitted to the program will be placed on an alternate list and contacted before June 1.
PROGRAM START DATE:
THE PROGRAM BEGINS THE WEEK OF JULY 1 (BASED ON CALENDAR).
TWO PART APPLICATION PROCESS:
Part I: Application to Texas A&M University
Complete an online application for graduate school admission for Athletic Training (M.S.). The application form is available online at applytexas.org.
Include the following items:
1. An application fee of $50 ($90 for international students) which can be paid online;
2. Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are required for admission. The TAMU GRE submission code is 6003. If your GRE scores are more than 5 years old, they are not considered valid.
3. Official transcripts from all previous and/or current institutions (official transcripts from Texas A&M are not needed). Electronic transcripts can be processed much faster than paper transcripts. Texas A&M will accept transcripts sent electronically through AVOW, SPEEDE, eScrip-SAFE or National Clearing House. If paper transcripts are submitted they should be sent to:
Graduate Admissions Processing
Office of Admissions
Texas A&M University
P.O. Box 40001
College Station, TX 77842-4001
4. International applicants may have to submit TOEFL scores as well. Please refer to International Graduate Admissions for further information regarding requirements.
Part II: Application to MSAT Program
Using the CEHD student data portal, submit a MSAT program specific application. You may begin the application at any time, but you must have your Universal Identification Number (UIN) to submit the application. You will receive a UIN after completion of your applytexas.org application. Contact Dr. Lori Greenwood with any student portal problems.
In completing the MSAT Application process through the CEHD student data portal, you will upload the following documents/forms or provide the following information:
5. Resume/Document Upload
6. Unoffical transcripts Upload
7. GRE scores
8. Contact information for 3 references (One must be from an Athletic Trainer that supervised observation hours. One must be from a faculty member and the 3rd is applicant's choice.)
Upon acceptance to the MSAT program, students will be required to submit the following documents to complete their admission:
2. Physician Endorsement of Technical Standards (form completed by a physician after a medical history and physical examination has been conducted within past 12 months)