This minor is also useful to those who work with youth in sports leagues. Admission to this minor is by application only. Students should allow a minimum of three semesters to complete this minor.
Admission to the Coaching Minor
Requirements: Must be completed at the time of application.
- Must have completed BIOL 111, or its equivalent (BIOL 113 or 107) with a D or better.
- Must have a minimum Texas A&M GPR of 2.00
- Must have completed a minimum of 12 graded hours at Texas A&M.
- Note: Applicants are reviewed by a committee and admitted on a competitive basis. Thirty students per year are accepted.
- HLTH 216 - First Aid (can be taken away from Texas A&M)
- KINE 199M - Major's Resistance/Flex
- KINE 215 - Fundamentals of Coaching
- KINE 306 - Functional Anatomy for Coaches (can substitute 1 hr of BIOL 319 or equivalent)
- KINE 302 - Applied Exercise Physiology for Coaches (can substitute 1 hr of BIOL 320 or equivalent)
- KINE 307 - Lifespan Motor Development
- KINE 318 - Athletic Injuries
Electives - Must select a minimum of 6 credits (3 courses)
- KINE 312 - Coaching of Baseball
- KINE 317 - Coaching of Football
- KINE 321 - Coaching of Volleyball
- KINE 351 - Coaching of Basketball
- KINE 355 - Coaching of Track