As a graduate level program, students in the MSAT program are required to complete an original research project and present their work during the MSAT Research Colloquium for their final masters’ examination. Students will work in pairs or groups with a research advisor to develop ideas and implement their research projects during four courses (KINE 601, KINE 681, KINE 685 fall and KINE 685 spring).
Subjects are currently being recruited for the following research studies being conducted by students in the MSAT program.
- Comparison of vibrational vs. non-vibrational foam roller on hamstring and quadriceps flexibility, proprioception, and strength
- Investigation of unilateral balance differences in female collegiate soccer players
- The efficacy of a pitcher movement screen on predicting overuse injury in the high school baseball pitcher
- The effectiveness of flexibility static, and dynamic joint mobilization to the talocrural on joint range of motion and balance
- Comparison of concussion testing of C3Logix compared to ImPact.
- A Comparison of clinical reaction time tested with C3Logix and standardized measuring stick drop testing: a predisposing factor for concussion management
Recently completed research projects by MSAT students:
- The effectiveness of the King-Devick Concussion assessment in secondary school athletes
- Marinobufagenin’s potential for concussion biomarker: A pilot study
- The effects of an entry level ballet class on first year dance majors on improving measurements of balance using the Biodex Balance System SD
- The efficacy of a modified low-dye taping technique on subtalar joint neutral position before and after a period of moderate exercise
- The acute effects of lumbar traction on pain, range of motion, and functional status in individuals with non-specific chronic low back pain
- The efficacy of cryokinetics on the reduction of symptoms associated with delayed onset muscle soreness
- Efficacy of ultrasound/electrical stimulation combination therapy in treating myofascial trigger points of the trapezius: A comparison of thermal & non-thermal combination therapy
- The effects of a passive shoulder internal rotation stretch program using different thermotherapies on range of motion in overhead athletes with gird
- Effects of manual muscle therapy on trigger points: Cervical range of motion, pain, pressure sensitivity, and neck function
- Three common iliotibial band stretches and their acute effects of iliotibial band flexibility, hip range of motion and hip isokinetic torque production.
- Effectiveness of the StretchRite compared to dynamic leg swings on hamstring flexibility
- Comparison of the Game Ready and the Blue Crystal Portable Cold Compressive Device in treating delayed onset muscle soreness
- The effect of sports massage on delayed onset muscle soreness in healthy and moderately active people
- A comparison of PNF and Active Release Techniques® on hamstring flexibility
- Effects of light exercise on measures of delayed onset muscle soreness of the elbow flexors
- Effects of Biowave Pro Deepwave® on delayed onset muscle soreness of the elbow flexors