- Regular Admission: All application materials must be submitted by January 15.
- Early Admission: Individuals interested in early admission may apply between Sept. 1 and Oct. 15. Those individuals not selected for early admission or with incomplete files will be re-considered with regular admission applicants.
- Review Process: After reviewing applications by the MSAT Admissions Committee, applicants will be contacted regarding their admissions status. Should space become available, qualified applicants not admitted to the program initially may be put on an alternate list and contacted before June 1.
PROGRAM START DATE:
The program begins the week of July 1 (based on calendar).
Part I: Application to Texas A&M University
The first part of the process is the completion of an online application to the Graduate School of Texas A&M University to pursue a Master of Science degree in Athletic Training in the Department of Health and Kinesiology (HLKN) in the College of Education and Human Development (CEHD). The application form is available online at applytexas.org.
Include the following items:
1. An application fee of $50 ($90 for international students) which can be paid online;
2. Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores taken within the last five years of the date on the application form. When taking GRE, use code 6003 for reporting scores (Department code not needed) and the testing service will submit official scores to Texas A&M;
3. Official transcripts from all previous and/or current institutions (official transcripts from Texas A&M are not needed). Electronic transcripts can be processed much faster than paper transcripts. Texas A&M will accept transcripts sent electronically through AVOW, SPEEDE, eScrip-SAFE or National Clearing House. If paper transcripts are submitted they should be sent to:
Graduate Admissions Processing
Office of Admissions
Texas A&M University
P.O. Box 40001
College Station, TX 77842-4001
4. International applicants may have to submit TOEFL scores as well. Please refer to International Graduate Admissions for further information regarding requirements.
Part II: Application to MSAT Program
The second part of the admission process is to show evidence of MSAT program specific requirements. After you have submitted your application via applytexas.org, you will receive an email from Admissions with your University Identification Number (UIN). You may begin Part II of the application process at any time, but you must have your UIN to complete and submit it through the CEHD student data portal. Contact Dr. Lori Greenwood with any student portal problems.
In completing the MSAT Application process, you will be asked to upload the following documents/forms into the CEHD student data portal:
- MSAT Program Application form
- Observation Hours Verification form
- Prerequisite Completion form (PDF fillable) or (Word file)
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges/universities attended. Official transcripts are sent for Part I of the process. Unofficial transcripts are uploaded by the student in the CEHD student portal for Part II.
If admitted into the program, students will be required to provide the following documents prior to the start of clinical experience rotations on Aug. 1. Applicants should be familiar with the Technical Standards for Admission which details the essential qualities considered necessary for students admitted to the program.
- MSAT Immunization form and verification of immunization records (Word file)
- Technical Standards for Admission
- Physician Endorsement of Technical Standards (form completed by a physician after a medical history and physical examination has been conducted within past 12 months)