To be admitted to an HLKN undergraduate program, you must follow all Undergraduate Admissions requirements. Also, applicants to the Dance Program must participate in an audition process. Submit your application to the University as soon as possible. Both acceptance by the University AND acceptance by the Dance Program through the audition process are required.
Auditions allow the Dance faculty to evaluate a student’s technical level in ballet and modern dance. Applicants will receive an email verifying their application is complete before their audition. Notification of audition results will be emailed within approximately two weeks after the audition.
Auditions for 2018 Admissions
- October 2, 2017 - applications due September 25th
- October 20, 2017 (Day of Dance participants only) applications due October 13th
- February 19, 2018 - applications due Feb. 12th
- April 6, 2018 (Day of Dance participants only) applications due March 30th
Audition slots are limited for each audition date and are based on a first come first serve basis. Once an audition date is full, your application will move to the next available date.
If you are out of state or cannot attend any of our audition dates, you may submit a digital audition.
Preparing for the Audition
Complete the application form, a resume, and letter of intent. Your letter of intent should discuss your aspirations and goals as well as why the TAMU Dance Program is the program for you. Be sure to list your preference for an audition date. You will receive an email verifying your application is complete. There are no accommodations on campus for visitors; College Station/Bryan offers a wide variety of hotel/motel choices.
- Fill out the Dance Program audition application.
- Send resume and letter of intent along with the application.
- All applicants must submit a full-length photograph of themselves in a dance studio setting.
- Follow the dress code (see other relevant information below) for photos. The photo can either be black and white or color. The photograph is not used as a criterion for admission but functions as a memory tool for the adjudication committee.
Submit all materials to:
Texas A&M Dance Program
College Station, TX 77843-4245
The first class begins at 9:15 am. For your audition to be complete, expect to stay for the entire meeting.
Meet in the Physical Education Activity Program Building (PEAP) Rm. 207
If you are visiting our building/campus for the first time, please allow enough time to find the room.
NO LATE CHECK-INS ACCEPTED. Please bring snacks and lunch, as you will not have a chance to leave campus.
9:00 - 9:15 am Check-in for Audition
9:15 - 9:30 am Warm up for 1st class on your own
9:30 - 10:30 am Ballet audition class
10:30 - 10:45 am Break
10:45 - 11:45 am Modern Audition class
12:00 pm Interviews** announced in PEAP 207
1:30 pm Program Q&A, Program Overview Talk - Parents Welcome PEAP 207
**It is possible that not all auditioning dancers will interview with dance faculty, but all should prepare to do so.
Observers are not allowed in the audition classes or interviews.
- Women - solid colored leotard, pink tights, pink (or skin tone) ballet shoes, hair pulled back in a bun. No jewelry allowed. No pointe shoes.
- Men - black tights, solid colored tight fitting t-shirt or leotard, dance belt; ballet shoes
- Women - solid colored leotard and black tights, bare feet. Hair pulled back and away from the face. No jewelry allowed.
- Men - black footless tights, solid colored tight fitting t-shirt or leotard, dance belt, bare feet
Directions to Check In
The PEAP building is behind Reed Arena next to the tennis courts. When you enter the building through the main sliding glass doors, there will be stairs to the second floor on the left before the information desk. On the second floor, turn left and proceed down the hallway. PEAP 207 will be on your left.
Directions to Texas A&M University from Hwy 6
- From Hwy 6 exit University Drive – go west onto University to Texas Ave.
- Take a left onto Texas Ave and travel down about 1 mile until you come to George Bush
- Take a right onto George Bush Drive.
- Take a right onto Penberthy Rd (you will cross over the railroad tracks).
- The PEAP building will be on your left.
Directions to Texas A&M University from Hwy 21 (traveling from Austin)
- From Hwy 21 (going east) take Hwy 47 which turns into Hwy 60/Raymond Stolzer Pkwy
- Turn right onto Discovery Drive.
- Take a left onto John Kimbrough Blvd.
- Take a right onto Penberthy Rd.
- The PEAP building will be on the right.